This page is a compilation of lots of
interesting sites for students and teachers. Some pages pay attention
to age groups (mostly K-2, 3-5,6-8, 9-12), some don't. Consulting the
health information pages can in no way substitute for a visit to the
health care provider.
Science & Health Information for Kids
- Healthfinder. gov - Kids Sites from the Dept. of
Health and Human
Services and other agencies (FEMA, EPA, , FDA,
USDA, NIEHS (NIH) or the White House),with games,
crossword puzzles, explorer sites & movies.
- KidsHealth / HOW THE BODY WORKS - movies quizzes
and more from the Nemours Foundation with lots of informtation from Dealing
feelings to the Health problems of Grown-Ups.
For Teens - teens can use this site to
find information on eating disorders, healthy snacks, moods, feelings
and a question and answer format dealing with sexuality.
- NIEHS Kid's pages - a wealth of information told in
stories, songs, games, humor
or as hot topic from the National Institute of Environmental
- Mercy Bear's Big Adventures - a teddy bear goes
through several routine medical procedures, explaining them in easy to
understand terms. This site is beautifully illustrated and excellent
for explaining medical procedures to small children.
- Virtual Children's Hospital for Kids - general
medical information and resources for kids and families.
- click on Bees4Kids! to meet the CyberBees.
- educational animated movies for K-12. BrainPOP movies demystify
Science, Biology and Technology topics.
- Cool Science for Curious Kids - the Howard Hughes
Medical Institute invites curious kids to explore biology... on screen,
off screen, and in between.
- from DiscoveryChannel.com, enter the page For Students
(probably made for K9 - K12).
& Sky - voices of scientists. Interviews, children asking the
scientists, featured topics and people.
- interactive games for all grades.
kids - answers lots of questions regarding Living on Earth
and Living in Space.
- National Geographic for Kids & Parents.
- Odyssey - the science magazine for young
adventurers! (Age 10 - 16).
Make sure you visit the Virtual
Classroom and try the Live WebCams
- Animals, Earth & Space, In The News!,
People & Places, Weather
- Ology - from the
AMerican Museum of Natural History. "OLogy means "the study of." And
here you can study and explore many cool OLogies."
the young Physicist.
- ScienceMaster - features
- Smithsonian for Kids
with fun on-line stuff.
with a weekly issue of the latest TechKNOWLEDGEy on the Web & Cool spots.
- websearches for Kid's by librarians
covers e.g., Weird & Mysterious, Science & Math, The Arts or
Health & Family.
- KidsSpace - from the internet public library.
online resources - with a Science
category and much more.
Kids - an Internet Search Guide for the
K - 12 student covers how to evaluate web resources as well as good
- with Resources,
for K-12 science students and educators, sorted by different
Naturwissenschaft für Kinder (dt.
Für die ganz Kleinen